Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Devil

The old adage goes, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me."  If that holds true, what can a drawing do?





In our house we seem to play a lot of "good cop, bad cop."  Not being those who choose the beaten path, I guess we have taken it a step further to, "great dad, devil mom."

Guys, I'm sorry that you see me as the devil.  I hope things change in the future.  Until then, I will continue to make sure you always wear your seat belt, brush your teeth, say your prayers, get to bed on time, do your homework, wake up in time for school and take responsibility for your actions. I promise to do your laundry, make your meals, chauffeur you to all your activities, cheer you on during games, encourage you to be the best you can be, apply liberal amounts of sunscreen, put silly notes in your lunch boxes, wipe your booties, kiss your bo-bos, be your best advocate, and do my best to keep you safe from harm...even if I need to sprout devil horns to get the job done.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment